Don't want text selected when tabbing to next cell

Old May 10th 10, 03:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Terri N

Default Don't want text selected when tabbing to next cell

Is it possible to tab to the next cell of a table without having Word select
all the text in that cell? I'm using a template that's already in place in
each cell, but in order to start typing I have to first de-select the text by
hitting the back arrow. Since there are over 1,000 items in this table, I'd
like to avoid this, at least on this particular document. Can I change this?
--
Terri

Old May 10th 10, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

Add this macro to your template, using the instructions at
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm:

Sub NextCell()
Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCell
Selection.Collapse wdCollapseStart
End Sub

This should work in all versions of Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old May 11th 10, 10:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Terri N

Thanks, Jay, I'll give it a shot...!
--
Terri

Terri N wrote:
P.S. I'm using Word 2003, if that makes a difference.

Is it possible to tab to the next cell of a table without having
Word select all the text in that cell? I'm using a template that's
already in place in each cell, but in order to start typing I have
to first de-select the text by hitting the back arrow. Since there
are over 1,000 items in this table, I'd like to avoid this, at least
on this particular document. Can I change this? --
Terri

.

Tabbing in a table goes to next cell instead of tabbing :( DLWells Tables 1 April 18th 10 08:21 PM
How do I skip a cell when tabbing between fields? michael b Tables 3 June 6th 09 03:19 AM
How do I determine if an entire cell is selected vs... David Cardinale Tables 4 November 6th 06 04:01 PM
adjacent cell selected Robin Tables 1 July 5th 06 03:44 PM
Word count in Word table cell wrong if whole cell selected Grey Dingo Tables 10 August 7th 05 11:50 PM