gabisdaddi gabisdaddi is offline
Junior Member

Question Odd style in table?

Hi!

Someone emailed me a doc with a table, which happens to be a label template.

The style that exists in the original doc is "Normal + Left: 0.4 mm, Right: 0.4 mm, After: 0 pt, Line spacing: single". The font is Calibri 8.

What I'm ultimately doing is creating sequential labels. I type one label into the doc, copy that cell into the xls, then create all the other cells in sequence.

When I paste in that info from Excel, the font is still Calibri 8 but the style is "Normal + 8 pt". I've lost the original style. For my text to fit in each cell for the labels, I really need "Normal + Left: 0.4 mm, Right: 0.4 mm, After: 0 pt, Line spacing: single".

I don't know how to recreate that style with the newly filled table.

After I explained all that to the creator of the doc, he this to say:
. I do not have steps available that would immediately solve the issue but I will be happy to help.
. Please send me the xls file you are using and I will be happy to try adjusting various settings
. to see if I am able to get a favorable result.

. One solution may be to recreate the template in your version of MS Word then perform a mail
. merge with the data file to bring all required information into the proper location. This may require
. some additional information to be added to the data file to complete the mail merge successfully.

While it's great that he's "happy to try adjusting various settings" in the xls, I'd rather simply changing the settings directly in the doc.

Can anyone show me where the controls are so I can again have the doc be "Normal + Left: 0.4 mm, Right: 0.4 mm, After: 0 pt, Line spacing: single".

Thanks so much!