Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
I canoetoo I canoetoo is offline

Default formatting change using mail merge in Office 2003

I use mail merge to fill in text and numerical fields in quotations. This
worked well when using Office XP however now that I changed to 2003 I have
problems. First I had to re-associate all of the fields but now everywhere I
put in a number in Excel the mail merge document shows an extra decimal
place. (i.e. Excel field = 4, mail merge field = 4.0)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See
or see the Excel data section of
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm (the issues with
Excel would be the same as for Access).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"I canoetoo" I wrote in message
I use mail merge to fill in text and numerical fields in quotations. This
worked well when using Office XP however now that I changed to 2003 I have
problems. First I had to re-associate all of the fields but now everywhere
put in a number in Excel the mail merge document shows an extra decimal
place. (i.e. Excel field = 4, mail merge field = 4.0)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
I canoetoo I canoetoo is offline

Doug:
Thanks, I will try this.
BTW your second link to the Excel data section would not work for me.
Thanks again