Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
**Niki** **Niki** is offline

Default 2003 to 2007

I was using 2003. Just installed 2007. For some reason all my defaults are
set to 2003...really frustrating!! I figured out how to change most defaults
to 2007. However, when I try to open a new document, I am NOT getting the
"New Document" dialog box. I am getting a "Templates" dialog box. How do I
fix this to get the "New Document" dialog box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003, the Templates dialog is the same thing as the New dialog,
just with a different name; in Word 2007, as you've seen, it's a bit
different.

In Word 2007, you can access the New Document dialog via Office Button |
New. If you want to add the New Document dialog to the QAT, right-click New
in the Office Button menu and choose "Add to Quick Access Toolbar."

Or you can get the classic New dialog by clicking "My templates" in the left
pane of the New Document dialog. If the latter is what you are wanting, you
can add it to the QAT instead (it's listed in Customize as "New Document or
Template").

"**Niki**" wrote:

I was using 2003. Just installed 2007. For some reason all my defaults
are
set to 2003...really frustrating!! I figured out how to change most
defaults
to 2007. However, when I try to open a new document, I am NOT getting the
"New Document" dialog box. I am getting a "Templates" dialog box. How do
fix this to get the "New Document" dialog box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
**Niki**[_2_] **Niki**[_2_] is offline

I already know that I suppose to be able to access the New Document dialog
box via Office button New in Word 2007 . But I do not get the New Document
dialog box. The dialog box I get is simply named Templates. This dialog box
has tabs that say general, faxes, letters, etc. and buttons that say "ok"
and "cancel" It looks nothing like the New Document Dialog box should for
Word 2007. I want it to look like and act like it is suppose to for Word
2007. I am not interested in anything that looks like 2003 which is exactly
what I am getting when I click office button new.
--
**Niki**

"**Niki**" wrote:

I was using 2003. Just installed 2007. For some reason all my defaults
are
set to 2003...really frustrating!! I figured out how to change most
defaults
to 2007. However, when I try to open a new document, I am NOT getting the
"New Document" dialog box. I am getting a "Templates" dialog box. How do
fix this to get the "New Document" dialog box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Niki,

Is this on your own computer or one setup by the admins at work?
There are settings that can be used to only show that dialog rather than the Word 2007 one.

===========
"**Niki**" wrote in message ...
I already know that I suppose to be able to access the New Document dialog
box via Office button New in Word 2007 . But I do not get the New Document
dialog box. The dialog box I get is simply named Templates. This dialog box
has tabs that say general, faxes, letters, etc. and buttons that say "ok"
and "cancel" It looks nothing like the New Document Dialog box should for
Word 2007. I want it to look like and act like it is suppose to for Word
2007. I am not interested in anything that looks like 2003 which is exactly
what I am getting when I click office button new.
--
**Niki**
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
**Niki**[_2_] **Niki**[_2_] is offline

Hi Bob,

It is my own computer at home. Do you know how to change the settings so
that I can get the "new document" dialog box to open instead of just the one
that says "templates" when i click office button new? It's really
frustrating because I am taking a class on office 2007 and even my instructor
doesn't know how to fix the problem. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you
Noriko
--
**Niki**

"**Niki**" wrote in message ...
I already know that I suppose to be able to access the New Document dialog
box via Office button New in Word 2007 . But I do not get the New Document
dialog box. The dialog box I get is simply named Templates. This dialog box
has tabs that say general, faxes, letters, etc. and buttons that say "ok"
and "cancel" It looks nothing like the New Document Dialog box should for
Word 2007. I want it to look like and act like it is suppose to for Word
2007. I am not interested in anything that looks like 2003 which is exactly
what I am getting when I click office button new.
--
**Niki**
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Merging Word 2003 mail merge doc with Word 2003 table in Word 2007 Michelle Mailmerge 6 April 26th 08 09:37 PM
2003 to 2007 BK New Users 13 January 27th 08 12:07 AM
2003 and 2007 xtr692969 Microsoft Word Help 8 January 24th 08 02:29 PM
2007 vs 2003 Deb Microsoft Word Help 1 October 29th 07 11:30 PM
2003 & 2007 together mrQQ Microsoft Word Help 2 January 23rd 07 04:45 PM