Problem Page at The Sun

Default how do I change text in multiple documents at the same time?

Can anyone tell me how to change text within multiple documents at the same
time? I have around 250 documents and I need to change an email address
within each document. I want to do almost a find and replace but in all of
theem at once. Can it be done?

Doug Robbins

See the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same
folder" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Problem Page at The Sun" Problem Page at The
wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to change text within multiple documents at the
same
time? I have around 250 documents and I need to change an email address
within each document. I want to do almost a find and replace but in all of
theem at once. Can it be done?

Problem Page - The Sun

Hi Doug, Thank you that was really kind of you to let me know how to do it.
I'm sure it would help no end if it was written in English...these things are
complete gobbledegook to me. I'm extremely grateful though and will take it
away to be looked over by someone with a bit more knowledge than me.

Kind regards

Jeannie

wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to change text within multiple documents at the
same
time? I have around 250 documents and I need to change an email address
within each document. I want to do almost a find and replace but in all of
theem at once. Can it be done?

tony

OK, got all that. but im still confused. In looking at the code it says
"PathToUse = "C:\Test\"" Is this where i would put the directory where my
files to be included in the batch are?

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

See the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup
readers

to help me out?" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to change text within multiple documents at the
same
time? I have around 250 documents and I need to change an email address
within each document. I want to do almost a find and replace but in all
of
theem at once. Can it be done?

How can I change the color of the font for help text on forms? fergie Microsoft Word Help 1 February 15th 05 09:31 AM
Importing sub documents with AddFromFile is creating multiple styles Doug Martin via OfficeKB.com Microsoft Word Help 4 February 9th 05 11:19 AM
Importing sub documents with AddFromFile is creating multiple styles Doug Martin via OfficeKB.com Formatting Long Documents 0 January 26th 05 09:54 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM