Mathew

Default collegue communication problems

I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side. Any help would
be much appreciated

Mathew

I am considered a 'new hire' and I would like to ultimately provide this
collegue with a solution to a problem that I consider a uncondusive and
unacceptable nature. At the same time politically correct in case human
resources is to be involved.

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side. Any help
would
be much appreciated

Mathew

Suzanne, that might be what you people over in Alabama might do, but that's
not what we do here in California.

You wouldn't survive a day here.

Best Wishes, hope your silence doesn't equal an unpleasant life. (oops,
looks like that already happened)

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion

regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side. Any

help
would
be much appreciated

Daiya Mitchell

Yeah, well, chill out.

But here's the answer--this newsgroup is designed to advise on technical
aspects of using Word, not on the content of Word documents (despite
occasional stretches). You need to ask for suggestions somewhere else.
Google might turn up some career advice sites.

Jezebel was just messing with you by asking for more information, I'm
guessing because she was astonished that anybody would trust a computer
program or a computer company to advise them on delicate negotiations
involving relationships with co-workers, and that anybody would think there
might be a standard formula (which is essentially what a template is) to
resolve a situation that is obviously dependent on the particular culture of
the company and personalities involved.

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion

regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side. Any

help
would
be much appreciated

Mathew

Ms. Mitchell -

My question was of a serious manner. I didn't expect by registering with
this discussion group I would incurr such non sense.

I don't have time to 'mess with people', per your wording. I thought this
was a serious discussion group, where I could find answers. And to my
astonishment, I have not. I can't beleive that I have spent time responding
to any of these comments.

But I will mention to you that there IS a standard formula to rectify
situations such as these. It's to follow guidelines (and we all know by
common sense telling us that every situation is different) and you would have
to treat every situation differently. Because there are now laws and
regulatory issues that can be brought up. I like to be politically correct
when dealing with instances such as the one I have already handled no thanks
to this website.

It's my misunderstanding that this had to be so remedial as far as
explaining every single little inditement.

I'm glad I don't work along side you or 'jezebell'. I think you can verify
why I would think that.

Not only have I seen templates such as the one I am looking for, but have
used them along side huge corporate CEO's. I am surprised how much time
everybody has on their hands to

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion
regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side. Any
help
would
be much appreciated

Paul Ballou

Mathew
http://office.microsoft.com/templates
You might find one you use search through the business templates.

Don't take everything that is said in these groups so serious because you
will find some discussions will upset you or make you laugh but you still
will get helpful info 95% of the time. Remember this is mostly volunteers
responding to questions and every so often you will see people from MS
answer questions.

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
control.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are a new hire, you might do well to keep your mouth shut for a
while.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion
regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side. Any
help
would
be much appreciated

Mathew

Paul,

Thank you. I appreciate your time.

Have a good weekend,
Mathew S.H.
Corporate Concierge
San Francisco, CA 94104

One advantage of being self-employed is that I don't have to put up with
mouthy new hires. g And my life so far (which I expect to be 2/3 of it or
so) has been mostly pleasant. If denigrating where other people live is your
idea of how to solicit help, then I can understand why you're having
"issues" with a co-worker.

More seriously, though, as Daiya wasted her breath trying to explain to you,
your understanding of what a "template" in Word is has led you astray. A
Word template provides formatting for pages and paragraphs. It does not
provide content. You are looking for "guidelines" and "procedures" and a
"formula," none of which is it the responsibility or purpose of Word or
Microsoft or the fellow users here to provide. If you had spent as much time
using Google to search for what you want (provided you could come up with
appropriate search terms) as you have spent being rude in this NG,
presumably you would have an answer already.

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion

regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side. Any

help
would
be much appreciated

Mathew

I cannot beleive as old as you are, you are still continuing this debate
over a question that couldve been simply handled as Paul handled it.

I blame it on location. You people over there are just downright unhappy.

One would think you had too much time on your hands, are you really self
employed? By the sounds of it , your business isn't taking too much of your
time considering all the effort you put into this website. Can't blame you
for trying to get some excitement in your life.

This is probably taking the conversation a little far, but, you and the two
other woman are what's keeping women repressed. Too much chit chat, not
enough mind work. Its sad to see this happening because I know there's a lot
better than you out there. I know there is. This is the exact reason why
men make more money than women do in the work place.

Shame on all of you. (except Paul)

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion
regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side. Any
help
would
be much appreciated

You still don't get it, do you? You asked a question in an inappropriate
forum and then insulted all the people who were trying to suggest more
appropriate places to look. I sure hope that the title "concierge" doesn't
mean that you have a job dealing with the public!

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion
regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side.

Any
help
would
be much appreciated

Mathew

YOU KNOW WHAT SUZANNE, I DO GET IT!! I get the fact that your fat ass
doesn't know how to shut up. No one on this forum suggested anything but
their obnoxious and humorless thoughts. If you learn anything from this
conversation, please let it be the fact that you can't nor will you ever make
as much money as I do. I can guarantee you this much. And that's all that
matters at the end of the day. Not the fact that you don't know when or how
to shut up.

Cheers to you Suzanne, looks like you won the prize for most obnoxious.

So glad I don't have you as a collegue. It's funny because the situation
has totally taken a turn around and my whole office has seen you and everyone
else that replied to this question make themselves look like fools. Not that
it takes much doing.

If the question was asked in an inappropriate forum, the adult decision to
me, would have been to direct that person in a tactful, yet helpful way.
Shows no class, because you haven't any.

Cheers.

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion
regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side.

Any
help
would
be much appreciated

Mathew

p.s. no one cares to see your title. Actually makes your employer look as
though they hire people who really don't care about themselves enough to be
considerate and motivative. You should be fired.

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion
regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side.

Any
help
would
be much appreciated

Greg

lostinspace,

Here, Here!! As a Sailor I would never use such language (outside the
bar room or barracks, of course) but when you are calling an idiot an
idiot sometimes it can't be said any better.

Mr. Highpockets told use several hours ago that he was going away.
Maybe we'll all be lucky and he won't come back. I hope so, but then
he won't see your fine post. Darn ;-)

Jezebel

What an obnoxious little fart you are. No wonder your co-workers have
trouhble with you. And no wonder you have so much experience as a "new
hire" --- better get used to it. With this peurile attitude you'll never
become an old hand.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You still don't get it, do you? You asked a question in an inappropriate
forum and then insulted all the people who were trying to suggest more
appropriate places to look. I sure hope that the title "concierge"
doesn't
mean that you have a job dealing with the public!

so
all may benefit.

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a
discussion
regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along
side.

Any
help
would
be much appreciated

And since his attitude is that money is "all that matters," I'm sure that he
is a perfect fit for a public-service job.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You still don't get it, do you? You asked a question in an

inappropriate
forum and then insulted all the people who were trying to suggest more
appropriate places to look. I sure hope that the title "concierge"
doesn't
mean that you have a job dealing with the public!

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you hoping the template will do?

"Mathew" Mathew @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in

message
I need help finding a template that I can use for a
discussion
regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along
side.
Any
help
would
be much appreciated

lostinspace

Here, Here!! As a Sailor I would never use such language (outside the
bar room or barracks, of course) but when you are calling an idiot an
idiot sometimes it can't be said any better.

Mr. Highpockets told use several hours ago that he was going away.
Maybe we'll all be lucky and he won't come back. I hope so, but then
he won't see your fine post. Darn ;-)

He posted a reply to Suzanne immediately after mine. :-))

lostinspace

Suzanne,
All my replies are sent to no archive, however with the
advent of google's new method they are still viewable.
Check the google groups archives tomorrow, it'll bring a smile to your face
:-))

lostinspace

"Greg" wrote in message
lostinspace,

Here, Here!! As a Sailor I would never use such language (outside the
bar room or barracks, of course) but when you are calling an idiot an
idiot sometimes it can't be said any better.

Mr. Highpockets told use several hours ago that he was going away.
Maybe we'll all be lucky and he won't come back. I hope so, but then
he won't see your fine post. Darn ;-)

BTW Suzanne,
Alabama isnt so bad ;-))))
My mother was born in Boaz. My grandfather, great-grandmother and plenty of
relatives are buried on Sand Mountain at Collinsvile. They have a
traditional family gathering every spring, sort of a reunion at the
cemetary.

There's also a website of some class folks that provides some links to my
websites :-)) concerning the folks and Alabama.
This gal uses free hosts and inserts links behind all the images to other
pages rather than using and index:
http://members.fortunecity.com/ginchow1/index.html
http://members.fortunecity.com/ginch...esfamfrnds.htm
http://gintai2.tripod.com/myhomeinalabama.html

Sanders Russell a US HOF and Alabama HOF inductee.

Interesting that your message isn't displayed at all (without displaying
"quoted text") if you bottom-post. So I guess top-posting is now the Google
default as well as OE's.

But I don't see what the "X-No-Archive: Yes" setting has to do with whether
or not posts show up here (and yours ordinarily do).

"lostinspace" wrote in message
m...
Suzanne,
All my replies are sent to no archive, however with the
advent of google's new method they are still viewable.
Check the google groups archives tomorrow, it'll bring a smile to your

face
:-))

I'm not exactly clear on this: Are you Sanders Russell?

m...

lostinspace

"I'm not exactly clear on this: Are you Sanders Russell?"

Hardly.
Mr. Russell was born and bred in Stevenson. I thank you for the very nice
complement though.

I just thought you'd enjoy the material.

There is a link to multiple pages of my website on the Russell website.
My name is with ARIN and that other website.

I haven't signed my name or a real email to Usenet in nearly five years and
still get massive amounts of spam.
There was a time when I provided links to my websites for examples, however
even that ceased because visitor referrals from Usenet held no interest in
the materials, rather the presentation methods.

My sites are very content specific and I do everything possible to confine
the visitors to only those interested in the content, rather than scrapers,
harvesters and small bots. Even, many regions of the world, as my sites are
North American specific materials.

Best
Don and there is a famous Kentucky Bourbon which has the same
last name

Bob Buckland was one time aware of my websites and name.

lostinspace

"Interesting that your message isn't displayed at all (without displaying
"quoted text") if you bottom-post. So I guess top-posting is now the Google
default as well as OE's.

But I don't see what the "X-No-Archive: Yes" setting has to do with whether
or not posts show up here (and yours ordinarily do)."

--------------------
Nor do I.
The message came through fine on my provider.

I wasn't sure whether you were using the MS forums for usenet that I've seen
mentioned here often or not? And the availbility of x-no-archive in those
forums.

My submissions are in open Usenet and through SBC.

nemo

rofl!!

You have come to the right newsgroup Mathew. Welcome to the
starting point at which your journey into the fog begins. If
in your professional life you want to understand your fellow
human beings and be understood by them, practice with a
template. And remember, everything worth putting on paper,
or disk has a dot in front of it. It should look something
like this:

What I Stand For: My Core Beliefs and Values

* Objectivity is the substance of intelligence, a deep
commitment to the customer in its forms and timing.

Don't worry if you're not entirely sure what this
means. Once you have mastered the style, you are half way to
the philosophy, which is why the easiest way to communicate
is to borrow someone else's business template. It doesn't
matter which template you use, the one quoted here is the
CIA's. The dot point preceding the previous one is:

* Intelligence that adds substantial value to the
management of crises, the conduct of war, and the
development of policy

Good luck fellow professional and may you always be
empowered by your Nikes.

PS. Don't forget to mention accountability, teamwork,
commitment, continuous improvement and adapting to evolving
customer needs.

"Mathew" wrote:

I need help finding a template that I can use for a discussion regarding
communication issues with another employee I work along side. Any help would
be much appreciated

Okay, too much mystery for me. The Web sites you cite pop up ActiveX
messages and prompts to download QT and make it my default media player,
etc., and then they play music. And I still can't relate anything I find
there to anything you've said.

"lostinspace" wrote in message
om...
[...]

lostinspace

Okay, too much mystery for me. The Web sites you cite pop up ActiveX
messages and prompts to download QT and make it my default media player,
etc., and then they play music. And I still can't relate anything I find
there to anything you've said.

so
all may benefit.

You did view one of my pages, pride of dixie.

Merten Merten is offline
Banned

Hello everyone, communication is perhaps the most important ingredient in creating a productive and efficient workplace. Because team communication promotes collaboration and knowledge sharing, as well as maintaining healthy working relationships. The more people in a company are connected as colleagues, the more efficiently the work will be done, you can check this out and apply the basic components of communication in your company.