Sea Otter

Default Hanging indent for document?.

How can I set up Word so I will have a hanging indent for a WHOLE document
without having to set up EACH paragraph individually?
Jezebel

Set up the hanging indent for the style applied to all paragraphs.
Presumably Normal, since you wouldn't be asking if you were choosing your
styles.

"Sea Otter" Sea wrote in message
How can I set up Word so I will have a hanging indent for a WHOLE

document
without having to set up EACH paragraph individually?

Sea Otter

Thank you, Jezebel! I see what I did wrong. I didn't have my style set to
NORMAL!! Thanks for clearing up the mystery!

"Sea Otter" wrote:

How can I set up Word so I will have a hanging indent for a WHOLE document
without having to set up EACH paragraph individually?

Sea Otter

"Jezebel" wrote:

Set up the hanging indent for the style applied to all paragraphs.
Presumably Normal, since you wouldn't be asking if you were choosing your
styles.

i tried this but it still doesn't work. Any other ideas??? - Sea Otter

"Sea Otter" Sea wrote in message
How can I set up Word so I will have a hanging indent for a WHOLE

document
without having to set up EACH paragraph individually?

Daiya Mitchell

I don't think that's exactly what you did wrong...but whatever works to
solve your problem.

Another approach would be to select the entire document before formatting
the hanging indent--such changes apply either to what is selected or to the
paragraph the cursor is in, if nothing is selected.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Daiya Mitchell

It wasn't a suggestion. Just trying to share some knowledge so that next
time the situation comes up, you will understand what is going on.

Glad you got it sorted.

DM

"Sea Otter" wrote:

How can I set up Word so I will have a hanging indent for a WHOLE document
without having to set up EACH paragraph individually?

Charles Kenyon

If you are doing much work in Word, you really want to explore how styles
work. It will save you a lot of hair-tearing.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/styles.htm
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.