- TK

Default Need Quotation marks to appear in TOC

I have a TOC entry that has quotable text as part of it. However, when the
TOC was autogenerated, the quotation marks did not appear, in fact, nothing
after the quotation (including the quotation marks) appeared. How do I fix
this? Is there a field code I need to add to my TOC code?
Daiya Mitchell

What settings did you use to autogenerate the TOC in the first place?

For instance, a TOC built on Heading styles will pull all text in Heading 1.
Quotation marks don't make a difference.

A TOC built from TC fields, however, will only use the text you specifically
entered in the TC field.

Impossible to solve the problem without knowing how you formatted the doc
and how you set up the TOC.

Also, what version of Word?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

And if the TOC is built on TC fields, then you need to "escape" the
quotation marks by putting a backslash in front of them.

.. .

On 9/8/05 11:11 AM, "- TK" wrote:

I have a TOC entry that has quotable text as part of it. However, when

the
TOC was autogenerated, the quotation marks did not appear, in fact,

nothing
after the quotation (including the quotation marks) appeared. How do I

fix
this? Is there a field code I need to add to my TOC code?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/