Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deepak Deepak is offline

Default Bookmark Values in header section do not show by default?

I have a few bookmarks in the header section which do not show up by default
when I open the document. The same bookmark shows correctly in the main
document. If I toggle between layouts or print the document or update field
it shows up.
Is this some kind of setting in the Options?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Deepak

Deepak wrote:
I have a few bookmarks in the header section which do not show up by default
when I open the document. The same bookmark shows correctly in the main
document. If I toggle between layouts or print the document or update field
it shows up.
Is this some kind of setting in the Options?

Do you really have a bookmark in the header (I've never done that), or
rather a cross-reference to a bookmark?

It's hard to predict (and depends on version and SR/SP of Word) when the
application is actually updating fields in general, and in the header in
particular. A switch to one of the supposedly WYSIWYG views usually is
enough. When making sure that "Update fields" in Tools | Options | Print
is ticked, the physical printout is usually as desired.

If you need more, maybe a short AutoOpen macro which changes the view
might help.

HTH
Robert
--