Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Learning VBA via Recorder

Many years ago I taught myself VBA for Excel by doing a lot of
recording and then cleaning up the code with tips and tricks gleaned
from various forums. I'd like to think I've gotten pretty good at it.

I'm now trying to do that with Word, but the recorder doesn't seem to
be anywhere near as friendly. In Excel, you can perform any user
function with the recorder running and it's like it's not even there.

In Word, I seem to be extremely hampered by the recorder - I can't
even select text with the mouse, I have to use Shift-Arrow keys.

Is there some trick to being able to ignore the recorder and navigate
a document in a "normal" manner when it is running?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Unfortunately, what you see is what's there. Not only are there many things
the recorder won't let you do, but the code it records needs *lots* of
cleanup (although it's a great learning experience g).

Here are a couple of references to help you along:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ngRecorder.htm
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ordedMacro.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

DerbyDad03 wrote:
Many years ago I taught myself VBA for Excel by doing a lot of
recording and then cleaning up the code with tips and tricks gleaned
from various forums. I'd like to think I've gotten pretty good at it.

I'm now trying to do that with Word, but the recorder doesn't seem to
be anywhere near as friendly. In Excel, you can perform any user
function with the recorder running and it's like it's not even there.

In Word, I seem to be extremely hampered by the recorder - I can't
even select text with the mouse, I have to use Shift-Arrow keys.

Is there some trick to being able to ignore the recorder and navigate
a document in a "normal" manner when it is running?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Thanks!

I know I should get over it, but it never ceases to amaze me that the
only thing truly common amongst the products in the Microsoft Office
suite is the name Microsoft!

Here are a couple of references to help you along:http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ordedMacro.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

DerbyDad03 wrote:
Many years ago I taught myself VBA for Excel by doing a lot of
recording and then cleaning up the code with tips and tricks gleaned
from various forums. I'd like to think I've gotten pretty good at it.

I'm now trying to do that with Word, but the recorder doesn't seem to
be anywhere near as friendly. In Excel, you can perform any user
function with the recorder running and it's like it's not even there.

In Word, I seem to be extremely hampered by the recorder - I can't
even select text with the mouse, I have to use Shift-Arrow keys.

Is there some trick to being able to ignore the recorder and navigate
a document in a "normal" manner when it is running?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

COPY AUDIO CD TO A DIGITAL RECORDER deborina2 Microsoft Word Help 2 February 28th 07 06:48 AM
Use mouse to select text in MS Word macro recorder. hellbent Page Layout 3 October 10th 06 11:54 AM
Use MS voice recognition with digital recorder files? wmv SueL Microsoft Word Help 0 December 11th 05 06:03 PM
E-learning alon.aharoni New Users 3 August 11th 05 06:08 PM
Macro Recorder auntme Microsoft Word Help 3 December 7th 04 03:14 PM