auntme

Default Macro Recorder

When recording a macro I had to move the recorder out of the way and now I
cannot see it while I record.
How do I get it back? I have searched "help" but cannot find this.
Thanks for any help

Gibbie

Your macro recorder is actually a toolbar. If you click on the x on the
recorder window you are actually just closong the toolbar. On the menu go to
Viewtoolbars and select stop recroding (Word2003) that window will
re-appear.

"auntme" wrote:

When recording a macro I had to move the recorder out of the way and now I
cannot see it while I record.
How do I get it back? I have searched "help" but cannot find this.
Thanks for any help

auntme

Thanks, but I tried that and still cannot get the recorder to show while I
record.
I have to use the dropdown menu under tools, macro, record (stop recording).
I cannot find it on the View - Toolbars list.

"auntme" wrote:

When recording a macro I had to move the recorder out of the way and now I
cannot see it while I record.
How do I get it back? I have searched "help" but cannot find this.
Thanks for any help

Charles Kenyon

Try turning on the macro recorder by double-clicking on REC in your status
bar and naming a macro (to be saved in the current document). Then activate
the vb editor (Alt-F11).
In the Immediate window type the following three lines, following each with
the Enter key:

CommandBars("Stop Recording").Visible=True
CommandBars("Stop Recording").Left=30
CommandBars("Stop Recording").Top=182

Do you now have your toolbar? If so, you can click the stop button.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.