Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bugsy[_2_] Bugsy[_2_] is offline

Default Font #72 doesn't print out as large as it shows on the document

I'm not getting my largest font# 72 to print out as large as it shows in the
document. Do I need to add a larger font and if so, do I download them? or is
there something wrong in the printing settup that I'm not doing correctly?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There's no "largest font." You can type any size whatsoever into the
font size window. (Well, there's a limit at somewhat larger than 11"
high!)

As _what_ shows in _what_ document? Different fonts appear to be
different sizes; the point size measures from the top of the ascenders
to the bottom of the descenders. Some fonts have long ascenders and
descenders, some have short ones, so they'll look like they're
different sizes even though the're the same number of points.

On Jun 4, 2:47*pm, Bugsy wrote:
I'm not getting my largest font# 72 to print *out as large as it shows in the
document. Do I need to add a larger font and if so, do I download them? or is
there something wrong in the printing settup that I'm not doing correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although 72 points is nominally an inch, text formatted as 72 points high
will be that height baseline to baseline, with some extra line spacing built
in. You may need to increase the nominal size if you actually want letters
an inch high. To do that, enter the desired size in the font box and press
Enter. You can enter any size from 1 point to 1,638 points, in half-point
increments.