Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarahg sarahg is offline

Default different header for endnote

My endnotes follow my text and precede my bibliography (thank you Suzanne!).
Now I need to figure out how to change the header for endnotes to reflect the
endnotes (and not the preceding chapter). I know that there needs to be a
section break prior to the new text in order to have new headers, but Word
will not allow me to insert a section break just prior to the endnotes. Every
time I try to add one, it throws the new breaks AFTER the endnotes. Help
please!

Sarah g.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You may need to work in Normal view (without seeing the Endnotes) to make
this work, but you should be able to insert a section break at the end of
the last chapter; the trick will now be that the endnotes must be placed at
the end of *that* section. You'll need to suppress the endnotes for the last
text section. IOW, say you have ten chapters, each in its own section, and
you have suppressed the endnotes for the first nine so that the endnotes
appear at the end of the tenth; now you'll need to suppress them for Section
10 as well, putting them at the end of your new Section 11.