Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Gary is offline

Default shrink document to add comments

I'm trying to shrink a document so I have more room to add comments. Using
comments will do it automatically - but it always reads "comments [user]:"
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to shrink/resize/reduce the document
so there's room to add autoshapes with callouts.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vttotal vttotal is offline

Hi Gary,

You can play around with Header and Footer properties to insert a "comment"
box in your header or footer under the "Design" tab under "Quick Parts' tab
-- "Documnet Property" -- " Comment." That will give you a unique comment
box for an individual page.

Also, if you want to shrink your document decrease the page margins under
the Page Setup option in Word.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Vicente Tulliano
--
Vicente Tulliano

"Gary" wrote:

I'm trying to shrink a document so I have more room to add comments. Using
comments will do it automatically - but it always reads "comments [user]:"
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to shrink/resize/reduce the document
so there's room to add autoshapes with callouts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Instead of using autoshapes to manually add "comments," you can increase the
space for the comment balloons in Word. On the Review tab, click the arrow on
the Track Changes button (in the Tracking group), and then click Change
Tracking Options. Change the value for "Preferred width" to suit your needs.
When you are done, click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Gary" wrote:

I'm trying to shrink a document so I have more room to add comments. Using
comments will do it automatically - but it always reads "comments [user]:"
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to shrink/resize/reduce the document
so there's room to add autoshapes with callouts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can play around with Header and Footer properties to insert a "comment"
box in your header or footer under the "Design" tab under "Quick Parts' tab
-- "Documnet Property" -- " Comment." That will give you a unique comment
box for an individual page.

Note that anything you insert in the header (or footer) will be repeated for
all pages using that particular header (footer).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP