Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jdc jdc is offline

Default Word Hidden Information

I am using Word 2003. I was told that hidden information about the document
be found in word document, and that 'meta tags' could be viewed. I am not
able to find info on this topic and am only able to locate File/Properties
for more a source for more document information. Is there other hidden
information that can be found if Tools/Track Changes is enabled? Please
advise.

Thanks
jay
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:56:45 -0700, jdc wrote:

I am using Word 2003. I was told that hidden information about the document
be found in word document, and that 'meta tags' could be viewed. I am not
able to find info on this topic and am only able to locate File/Properties
for more a source for more document information. Is there other hidden
information that can be found if Tools/Track Changes is enabled? Please
advise.

Thanks
jay

For information about hidden "personally identifiable information" and meta data
in Word 2003, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825576.

Information from Track Changes is only one kind of data you may want to remove
from a document. You should be aware that even if you turn off the display of
tracked changes, the information is still in the file and can easily be
displayed by anyone else who opens the document. To remove it, you must either
accept or reject every change (or all of them at once).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman