Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lasha lasha is offline

Default Link Word to web page

I have an article in Word that I want to link to a web page. The instructions
in Word Help didnt seem to work for me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On May 11, 9:52*pm, lasha wrote:
I have an article in Word that I want to link to a web page. The instructions
in Word Help didnt seem to work for me.

What have you tried, and what results did you get? Versions of Word
and Windows? What do you mean by "link"? Include a url in your Word
document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lasha lasha is offline

Using word 2000. I have an article saved in word. I want to put submit this
article to a web site where I'm applying for a job. They want to see this
article but do not want a cut and paste. They want a link (hyperlink),
meaning when they click on this link they can read the article. If the
article was for example was at abc.com, then I could copy the url and paste
it as a link. Word docs dont have url's so I'm asking how would I get this
doc to the job site without copying and pasting?

"grammatim" wrote:

On May 11, 9:52 pm, lasha wrote:
I have an article in Word that I want to link to a web page. The instructions
in Word Help didnt seem to work for me.

What have you tried, and what results did you get? Versions of Word
and Windows? What do you mean by "link"? Include a url in your Word
document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't think anyone in the world would want to post a link that would
allow someone to click on it and enter your private computer in your
home!

You need to either upload your Word doc to the employer's website, or
post it to a website and supply the link to that website.

"grammatim" wrote:
On May 11, 9:52 pm, lasha wrote:
I have an article in Word that I want to link to a web page. The instructions
in Word Help didnt seem to work for me.

What have you tried, and what results did you get? Versions of Word
and Windows? What do you mean by "link"? Include a url in your Word
document?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lasha lasha is offline

It's not a personal article and they cant invade my computer! It's a travel
company and they wanted to see a writing sample of an article I wrote about
skiing in Aspen. Anyway you obviously dont know the answer so I found it out
through another site. Here it is:

Answer

""Upload your Word Doc here http://viewer.zoho.com/Upload.jsp and set the
expiry time. You will get a hyperlink for your word doc""

This works perfectly and this is the answer I was looking for. Goodbye!

"grammatim" wrote:
On May 11, 9:52 pm, lasha wrote:
I have an article in Word that I want to link to a web page. The instructions
in Word Help didnt seem to work for me.

What have you tried, and what results did you get? Versions of Word
and Windows? What do you mean by "link"? Include a url in your Word
document?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lasha lasha is offline

Furthermore, Microsoft has instructions in Word on how to do this. So then
Microsoft then is guilty of invasion. This is posted in Word Help, the only
thing is that it didn't work:

Insert a hyperlink that goes to a specific location in another document or
Web page
Open the file you want to go to and insert a bookmark.

Open the file you want to link from, and select the text or object you want
to make a hyperlink.

Click Insert Hyperlink .

Under Link to, click Existing File or Web Page.

Locate and select the document that you want to link to.

Click Bookmark, and then select the bookmark you want.

"grammatim" wrote:
On May 11, 9:52 pm, lasha wrote:
I have an article in Word that I want to link to a web page. The instructions
in Word Help didnt seem to work for me.

What have you tried, and what results did you get? Versions of Word
and Windows? What do you mean by "link"? Include a url in your Word
document?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In what way is that solution not a matter of uploading it to a Web site and
supplying a link to that site? There are numerous sites that will let you
upload documents; the one you found is just one.

http://word.mvps.org

"grammatim" wrote:
On May 11, 9:52 pm, lasha wrote:
I have an article in Word that I want to link to a web page. The
instructions
in Word Help didnt seem to work for me.

What have you tried, and what results did you get? Versions of Word
and Windows? What do you mean by "link"? Include a url in your Word
document?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Those instructions are intended for hyperlinking between files on your own
system or server, not for allowing the general public to link to files on
your system or server (unless they are published as Web pages).

http://word.mvps.org