cmiyokog

Default Missing Fonts in Word 2003

I need certain fonts in this new version of Word to transfer my work from
Word 2002 with the right look. Why should I spend the money to "upgrade" to
this newer version with fewer fonts and have to redo all of my previous work
or purchase fonts from elsewhere? I believe that newer versions should have
expanded options rather than reduced ones. I also feel that these fonts
should be offered as free downloads on the Office Site so that users of older
versions don't have to face this problem.

cmiyokog

Thank you, I have a new machine and I tried to do that last night. Maybe
there is a trick. The font I want, Calligrapher, would not copy to either CD
or removable drive from my old machine. I do not want to reformat business
logos etc. just to make the upgrade. I may decide not to purchase this trial
version that came with my new computer for just this reason alone except I do
like the latest thing! Thanks again.

"cmiyokog" wrote in message
I need certain fonts in this new version of Word to transfer my work from
Word 2002 with the right look. Why should I spend the money to "upgrade"

this newer version with fewer fonts and have to redo all of my previous

work
or purchase fonts from elsewhere? I believe that newer versions should

have
expanded options rather than reduced ones. I also feel that these fonts
should be offered as free downloads on the Office Site so that users of

older
versions don't have to face this problem.

Microsoft "supports" all TrueType fonts. It doesn't necessarily supply all
the fonts on your computer, though; practically every program nowadays
provides fonts. If you have ever owned Broderbund's Print Shop Deluxe, I
think you'll find that Calligrapher came with it.

"cmiyokog" wrote in message
Thank you! I still wish that Microsoft still supportedthis font but niw

that
I have it I think I'll be okay! And the download was perfect too!

"Jezebel" wrote:

Calligrapher is not a Microsoft-supplied font -- check
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx; so you should be
able to install it by going back to wherever you got it from in the

first
place. What other software did you install on your old machine?

Failing that, persevere with copying the font from your old machine. It
shouldn't be a problem -- it's just a file (or a set thereof, if you

have
bold, italic, etc).

Just tried Googling for it -- it's a freebie: download it from here,

amongst
many other places: http://eknp.com/php/fd.php?f=calligrapher.