Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Just Jones. Just Jones. is offline

Default MAYBE "CONTACT US" SHOULD REALY MEAN "CONTACT US"

All I want to do is find out where my fonts went. Is that so hard? 45 minutes
chasing around Microsoft sites, hair pulled out and scattered over the floor,
the poor dog has gone into hiding and still no help. HELP, obviously doesn't
mean HELP and CONTACT US just as obviously doesn't mean CONTACT US.
HOW DO I GET MY FONTS BACK AFTER RE-INSTALLING OFFICE XP?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Re-installing Office has no effect on what fonts are available.

1. Have you looked in your fonts folder or tried Control Panel Fonts? -- I
think you'll find that they are all still there.

2. Do you have a printer installed? Word shows only those fonts that your
printer can handle.

"Just Jones." Just wrote in message
All I want to do is find out where my fonts went. Is that so hard? 45
minutes
chasing around Microsoft sites, hair pulled out and scattered over the
floor,
the poor dog has gone into hiding and still no help. HELP, obviously
doesn't
mean HELP and CONTACT US just as obviously doesn't mean CONTACT US.
HOW DO I GET MY FONTS BACK AFTER RE-INSTALLING OFFICE XP?

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Just Jones. Just Jones. is offline

Hi, and thanks for your advice. However, it didn't work. Maybe the whole
story would help.
I had a new hard drive installed in my computer, everything else is the
same, nothing changed. My own programs were re-installed, including Office XP
Professional and Media Content.(Which contains many, many fonts) Same
printer, same everything. Now Word offers only about fifty fonts in the Font
tab. The others are there in the folder when I go into program files etc but
they DO NOT show up in the actual Word window when I'm working.
How do I get them back into the Word program, please.
Just Jones.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For starters, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm

"Just Jones." Just wrote in message
All I want to do is find out where my fonts went. Is that so hard? 45

minutes
chasing around Microsoft sites, hair pulled out and scattered over the

floor,
the poor dog has gone into hiding and still no help. HELP, obviously

doesn't
mean HELP and CONTACT US just as obviously doesn't mean CONTACT US.
HOW DO I GET MY FONTS BACK AFTER RE-INSTALLING OFFICE XP?

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What printer do you have selected as the Windows default? Also, keep in mind
that Word does not show font variants (bold, italic, bold italic), nor does
it show screen fonts, which it will not use. Moreover, if you have
PostScript fonts but have chosen to display only TrueType fonts, you won't
see the PS ones.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For starters, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Just Jones." Just wrote in message
All I want to do is find out where my fonts went. Is that so hard? 45

minutes
chasing around Microsoft sites, hair pulled out and scattered over the

floor,
the poor dog has gone into hiding and still no help. HELP, obviously

doesn't
mean HELP and CONTACT US just as obviously doesn't mean CONTACT US.
HOW DO I GET MY FONTS BACK AFTER RE-INSTALLING OFFICE XP?

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you have your printer set up as the default?

Did you reinstall the software from the CDs or some other way?

Can you use these fonts in other programs?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For starters, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Just Jones." Just wrote in message
All I want to do is find out where my fonts went. Is that so hard? 45

minutes
chasing around Microsoft sites, hair pulled out and scattered over the

floor,
the poor dog has gone into hiding and still no help. HELP, obviously

doesn't
mean HELP and CONTACT US just as obviously doesn't mean CONTACT US.
HOW DO I GET MY FONTS BACK AFTER RE-INSTALLING OFFICE XP?

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I

this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Just Jones. Just Jones. is offline

I have a 'you-beaut, $3,000.00) Canon i6500, A3 Format, color printer. The
same printer I've allways had, no changes there. NOTHING ELSE HAS CHANGED. I
HAD A NEW, FASTER DRIVE INSTALLED, all my old programs re-installed, from all
my original discs, including Office XP Proffesional PLUS MEDIA CONTENT. As
far as I'm concerned the content of the programs should not have changed. I
had hundreds of fonts (eg Jokerman; Amerigo; etc) now there is a very basic
set of fonts, about fifty. I've searched and searched, I've tried everything
I know and a few things I've never done before, I've tried your
sugestions,... no fonts.
Now I'm going to try some headache pills, may not find my fonts but will
hopefully help with my headache ;-)
Just Jones.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you make sure you're running the latest/greatest printer drivers since
your reinstall?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For starters, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Just Jones." Just wrote in
message
All I want to do is find out where my fonts went. Is that so hard?
45
minutes
chasing around Microsoft sites, hair pulled out and scattered over
the
floor,
the poor dog has gone into hiding and still no help. HELP,
obviously
doesn't
mean HELP and CONTACT US just as obviously doesn't mean CONTACT
US.
HOW DO I GET MY FONTS BACK AFTER RE-INSTALLING OFFICE XP?

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
and

then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You obviously didn't reinstall *all* your programs because according to
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx, Amerigo is not
supplied with any Microsoft product. Practically every program you install,
including your printer "driver" when you install the printer from its CD,
will come with some fonts. Even though you may have long since uninstalled
or stopped using the programs, the fonts will hang around.

Jokerman is supplied with Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, Office 2000
Premium, Office 97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office Professional Edition
2003, PhotoDraw 2000, Picture It! 2000, Picture It! 2002, Picture It! 98,
Picture It! 99, Plus! 98, Publisher 2000, Publisher 98; note that it does
NOT seem to come with Office XP, so you probably inherited it from an
earlier version.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Jokerman comes with Office 2003.

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Just Jones. Just Jones. is offline

OK folks, thanks for all the help. I've done everything you all sugested,
taken aboard the other stuff and talked to my own computer guru, and yes, I
probably gathered a whole lot of fonts from other programs over the years,
begining with something like Publisher 93. I guess I've got a lot of
re-collecting to do. I'm glad I never throw anything away, I'm sure I've
still got my original discs from way back then. Unless I made frizbees out of
them ;-)
Thanks again for your help.
Just Jones.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

(There was no such thing as Publisher 93.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Just Jones. Just Jones. is offline

Well whenever it was, it was a long time ago. There used to be a handle on
the side of the computer to wind it up. (Or was that the gramaphone?)
Just Jones ;-)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That was your jack-in-the-box. It's easy to get a computer mixed up with
that. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My guess was that he had had one of the previous versions of Office that
also supplied the font (don't know why XP was skipped); when he reinstalled,
he installed only the latest version.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For starters, see

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Just Jones." Just wrote in