Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amie Amie is offline

Default citation styles in word 2007

Is there anyway to create custom citation styles in word 2007? The style I
need is not there, and I can't get the in-text citation to display properly
unless I convert all of them to text and edit them one by one.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Amie,

Can you be a more specific on your requirement and what you need to be able to use as far as formatting?

Is it a complete 'Style', such as Turabian, that is not available to you (and if so, what Style do you need) or is it an individual
element, source, format or other requirement that you're having trouble with?

It is possible to create a new Citation Stylesheet, but you (or someone you know g) would need to be familiar with XML and XSL
Stylesheets.

The Citation/bibliography styles that come with Word 2007

- APA
- Chicago
- GB7714
- GOST - Name Sort
- GOST - Title Sort
- ISO 690 - First Element and Date
- ISO 690 - Numerical Reference
- MLA
- SIST02
- Turabian

each have a matching .XSL file in the
\Program Files\[Office 2007 folder]\Office12\Bibliography\Style\
folder.

==============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amie Amie is offline

I am using the style Turabian, but what i meant was the style as in "book" or
"web site". I need to cite an article from an online encyclopedia. The
choices available, web site, or document from website, both come up with
(author, year) for the in-text citation. I need it to display ("name of web
page", author, year). The works cited part comes out fine.

Your help is appreciated!!

-Amie

"Amie" wrote in message ...
Is there anyway to create custom citation styles in word 2007? The style I need is not there, and I can't get the in-text citation
to display properly unless I convert all of them to text and edit them one by one.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Amie,

If I understand correctly you've already setup a source to use for Insert Citation using the 'Website' as source type and can use
Insert=Citation to insert it?

In your document if you use Alt+F9 to toggle on field codes, what is the content of the {Citation...} field and if you right click
on the Citation field and choose Edit Citation what choices do you have?

Can you email me a document that with a sample of the problem and (typed in text) of what you'd like to see there? (There are some
features that didn't get into this version of the Citation Manager).

============
"Amie" wrote in message ...
I am using the style Turabian, but what i meant was the style as in "book" or "web site". I need to cite an article from an online
encyclopedia. The choices available, web site, or document from website, both come up with (author, year) for the in-text citation.
I need it to display ("name of web
page", author, year). The works cited part comes out fine.

Your help is appreciated!!

-Amie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amie Amie is offline

After the toggle, the citation reads:
{CITATION Enc06 /| 1033}

When I click Edit Citation, I get a box to put in a page number, and check
boxes to suppress author, year, or title.

Let me know if the email gets through.

-Amie