Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dougie Still Going Crazy Dougie Still Going Crazy is offline

Default Automatically show recipient list on Word Doc open.

Hi all, I am setting up a couple of Word documents in 2003 where I will be
using Access2003 for the merge information. The required recipients will be
a different selection each time so I am trying to write a macro that will
automatically display the list of recipients when the document is opened and
automatically clear the check boxes so that the user can select those that he
requires. I've searched through help but I cannot find the VBA code that I
need. I can get it so that the MailMerge Toolbar automatically opens but
some of my users are not that computer literate. I need to hold their hands,
hence the need to have the list show up upon opening the document. Hope
someone can help. Cheers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you mean like

Dialogs(wdDialogMailMergeRecipients).Show

Dougie Still Going Crazy wrote:
Hi all, I am setting up a couple of Word documents in 2003 where I
will be using Access2003 for the merge information. The required
recipients will be a different selection each time so I am trying to
write a macro that will automatically display the list of recipients
when the document is opened and automatically clear the check boxes
so that the user can select those that he requires. I've searched
through help but I cannot find the VBA code that I need. I can get
it so that the MailMerge Toolbar automatically opens but some of my
users are not that computer literate. I need to hold their hands,
hence the need to have the list show up upon opening the document.
Hope someone can help. Cheers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dougie Still Going Crazy Dougie Still Going Crazy is offline

Thanks Graham, I knew it would be easy once I found out the correct code.

Just one more quick one, how do I clear all the check boxes?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Do you mean like

Dialogs(wdDialogMailMergeRecipients).Show

Dougie Still Going Crazy wrote:
Hi all, I am setting up a couple of Word documents in 2003 where I
will be using Access2003 for the merge information. The required
recipients will be a different selection each time so I am trying to
write a macro that will automatically display the list of recipients
when the document is opened and automatically clear the check boxes
so that the user can select those that he requires. I've searched
through help but I cannot find the VBA code that I need. I can get
it so that the MailMerge Toolbar automatically opens but some of my
users are not that computer literate. I need to hold their hands,
hence the need to have the list show up upon opening the document.
Hope someone can help. Cheers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Before you display the form,

ActiveDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.SetAllIncluded Flags Included:=False

Peter Jamieson