Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. Bill Mr. Bill is offline

Default Where can I find symbol for sun?

The symbol is a circle with a dot in the center. I need it for microsoft
word documents. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the Insert Symbol dialog, set the font to either Arial Unicode or
Lucida Sans Unicode. In the character code box, enter 2299. If you'll
be using the symbol a lot, click the Shortcut Key button and assign a
keystroke to it.

There's another similar symbol at code 25C9, but the center dot is
bigger in relation to the circle so it doesn't look as much like the
sun symbol usually used in astronomy texts.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:06:02 -0700, Mr. Bill Mr.
wrote:

The symbol is a circle with a dot in the center. I need it for microsoft
word documents. Thanks.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Where can I find symbol for sun?

Sure thing! You can easily insert the symbol for the sun in Microsoft Word by following these steps:
  1. Open a new or existing Word document.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" section of the menu.
  4. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" tab, select "Arial Unicode MS" as the font.
  6. Scroll down until you find the symbol for the sun (a circle with a dot in the center).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, and then click on the "Insert" button.
  8. The symbol for the sun should now appear in your document.

Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut to insert the symbol for the sun. Simply type "2609" and then press "Alt + X" on your keyboard. This should automatically convert the numbers into the symbol for the sun.