Franc v/d Westelaken

Default Mailmerge starts at wrong record

Hi,

I'm doing a mailmerge directly to the printer of 5000 records. When I
let Word 2003 SP1 print all records, it starts sometimes at a random
record. Thus not merging al records. Although word says in the status
bar that it for example merges record 1 to 5000. It actually starts
printing at record 2286, thus missing the first couple of thousand
records. This happened to me twice now. I have to manually print the
missing record range (from - to recrd) then it prints those missing
records fine.

Any idea what might cause this.

Franc.
Doug Robbins

Hi Franc,

It could be some sort of "data overflow" problem. From the Tools menu,
select Options and then on the Print tab, uncheck the "Background printing"
box and see if that overcomes the problem.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP