Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Milly Milly is offline

Default how do i get the computer to read out what i have typed

I managed to do this previously, totally by accident, and cannot remember how
I did it!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

Word 2003 - Windows 2000 Professional. (1) Link gives sample add "MS Speech
Library" in References - Normal. My pc Reference - Project. Is this the
same? then (2) says to create a new module but I'm not sure where Insert |
Module? but then I can't name it per instructions. I don't see the "Project
- Normal" screen shot shown. Tried the help files but being new to macro/vba
wound up completely lost. Didn't want to continue and throw this completely
off. Also read link at the end about macros but that didn't use the vba
editor so again, lost me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Milly wrote:
I managed to do this previously, totally by accident, and cannot
remember how I did it!

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

When you open the VBA editor, you should see a tree diagram on the left (if
you don't see it, click View Project Explorer). One of the icons in the
tree will be labeled "Normal". Click on that icon, then click Tools
References to open the "Project - Normal" dialog that Graham shows.

After checking the Microsoft Speech Object Library item in the dialog and
clicking OK, the Normal icon in the tree will still be selected. Now click
Insert Module. If the tree items below the Normal icon aren't expanded,
click the plus sign next to it; that will display two folders labeled
"Microsoft Word Objects" and "Modules". Expand the Modules folder if
necessary to see that there is at least one module icon under it, which
should be labeled "Module 1".

If the Properties pane isn't visible below the tree diagram, click View
Properties Window to display it. It contains two columns; on the left it
will say "(Name)" and on the right it will say Module 1. Change the
right-hand column to say TextToSpeech.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Milly wrote:
I managed to do this previously, totally by accident, and cannot
remember how I did it!

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you take a look at my other page
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm and read that in conjunction with
http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm you should be more clear on
how to install macros from listings.
To make available the Microsoft Speech Object Library, you must first
install the speech portion of Excel as noted on the page.
Then to add it, to Word ALT+F11 Tools References. Scroll down the list
and check the item.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Milly wrote:
I managed to do this previously, totally by accident, and cannot
remember how I did it!

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

Thanks for your quick response! I got it!! How wonderful when you know what
you're doing and are kind enough to share with us. Thank you both and God
bless.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Milly wrote:
I managed to do this previously, totally by accident, and cannot
remember how I did it!

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

Jay - just wanted to thank you again. This feature has been most helpful.
I was not the OP so can you as an MVP 'green check' this post for the
archives?
Best wishes!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Milly wrote:
I managed to do this previously, totally by accident, and cannot
remember how I did it!

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although you can't mark a reply as "the answer," you can mark it as
"helpful."

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

[...]

so
all may benefit.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Milly wrote:
I managed to do this previously, totally by accident, and cannot
remember how I did it!

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I wasn't meaning to suggest you hadn't. I use NNTP to post, so I can't see
any of the "frills" of the Web interface.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Milly wrote:
I managed to do this previously, totally by accident, and cannot
remember how I did it!

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

Thanks for your reply. Now when I rest the pointer on Jay's reply it says "1
out of 1 people found this post helpful". Thats 100%!