Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default How to change outline view to display left-to-right?

I'm trying to use Outline view for a new blank document.
Paragraph default is 'left-to-right' but when i switch to outline view, my
text is aligned to the right and not to the left. Changing the text alignment
or paragraph direction just doen't work.
any idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Jonathan,

I'm trying to use Outline view for a new blank document.
Paragraph default is 'left-to-right' but when i switch to outline view, my
text is aligned to the right and not to the left. Changing the text alignment
or paragraph direction just doen't work.

Unfortunately, you don't mention the version of Word you're using...

Under Start/Programs (in Windows) you should see an entry for Microsoft Office,
and under that for Tools, and in that list one for managing Languages. The
dialog box has a list of "enabled" languages. See if that includes anything
besides the language(s) you use, especially anything like Hebrew, Arabic or an
Asian language. If it does, remove it from the list and see if things settle
down a bit.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org