Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kathyr

Default How do I get rid of brackets appearing for no reason in document

For no apparent reason brackets [ ] are appearing in my word document. When
I send to someone else, they don't appear. When that person edits or sends
back to me, the brackets are there again. I've checked for formatting or
tracking, but can find no apparent reason for this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"kathyr" wrote:

For no apparent reason brackets [ ] are appearing in my word document. When
I send to someone else, they don't appear. When that person edits or sends
back to me, the brackets are there again. I've checked for formatting or
tracking, but can find no apparent reason for this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Nope, wrong brackets.

The ones that appear like [ ] are bookmarks. Open Tools Options View and
uncheck the Bookmarks item. (The bookmarks will still be there, just not
shown.)

Besides the Insert Bookmark dialog, you can get bookmarks in your document
by inserting an automatic Table of Contents, or by copying/pasting text
containing bookmarks from another document, or from an AutoText entry that
contains them....

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Carol wrote:
See: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371

For no apparent reason brackets [ ] are appearing in my word
document. When I send to someone else, they don't appear. When
that person edits or sends back to me, the brackets are there again.
I've checked for formatting or tracking, but can find no apparent
reason for this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Default How do I get rid of brackets appearing for no reason in docume

Thanks Jay. I should have read the entire post.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP