Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael www.williamsmusic.net

Default How do I format a CD booklet in Microsoft Word?

How do I format a CD booklet in Microsoft Word? The only paper formats I see
are U.S. letter and legal and A4.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

A CD booklet is essentially a two fixed size cell table with a border as a
cutout guide and can be printed on any paper size that will fit it.
Word is a poor tool for this job. Publisher is better, but Surething CD
labeller is *much* better.

If you have Nero, it too has a labelling tool that you could use.

Michael www.williamsmusic.net wrote:
How do I format a CD booklet in Microsoft Word? The only paper
formats I see are U.S. letter and legal and A4.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael www.williamsmusic.net

Thanks for you answer, but I'm sorry. I don't understand it. I'm a
techno-dummy. I only know enough to get by. Can you tell me where to get a CD
booklet templet or something" It'll be about 10 or 12 pages. I have it saved
as a Word document. You can also e-mail me directly at:

Thanks,

Michael
www.cdbaby.com/mbw

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

A CD booklet is essentially a two fixed size cell table with a border as a
cutout guide and can be printed on any paper size that will fit it.
Word is a poor tool for this job. Publisher is better, but Surething CD
labeller is *much* better.

If you have Nero, it too has a labelling tool that you could use.

Michael www.williamsmusic.net wrote:
How do I format a CD booklet in Microsoft Word? The only paper
formats I see are U.S. letter and legal and A4.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have Word 2002 or above, use the "Book fold" feature. If an earlier
version, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm. Very
likely you will have to set your booklet up with larger margins on a larger
paper size, then trim accordingly.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

A CD booklet is essentially a two fixed size cell table with a border as

cutout guide and can be printed on any paper size that will fit it.
Word is a poor tool for this job. Publisher is better, but Surething CD
labeller is *much* better.

If you have Nero, it too has a labelling tool that you could use.

Michael www.williamsmusic.net wrote:
How do I format a CD booklet in Microsoft Word? The only paper
formats I see are U.S. letter and legal and A4.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael www.williamsmusic.net

Hi, Suzanne! Thanks for your response. I am in Europe, and everything is
metric. I just want to create a simple music CD booklet which will contain
the lyrics to some of my songs. If I can get as far as you've directed me
(hopefuully) please tell me in .mm what measurements I should use to create
a music CD booklet. I also have Publisher, if you think that would be better.

Thanks,

Michael

www.cdbaby.com/mbw

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

A CD booklet is essentially a two fixed size cell table with a border as

cutout guide and can be printed on any paper size that will fit it.
Word is a poor tool for this job. Publisher is better, but Surething CD
labeller is *much* better.

If you have Nero, it too has a labelling tool that you could use.

Michael www.williamsmusic.net wrote:
How do I format a CD booklet in Microsoft Word? The only paper
formats I see are U.S. letter and legal and A4.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use a ruler and measure the case into which you want to insert the booklet.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have Word 2002 or above, use the "Book fold" feature. If an
earlier
version, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm.
Very
likely you will have to set your booklet up with larger margins on a
larger
paper size, then trim accordingly.

so
all may benefit.