Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
forestdweller forestdweller is offline

Default Symbol font won't return to a normal font...

One of my students was working on a paper and accidentally changed his font
from Times to Symbol. He then saved the work before letting me know this had
happened. We've tried the suspected methods of fixing this, like, changing
all of his work to a different font, translating, saving as a .txt or .rtf
document, etc. but can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See this KB article:

WD2002: Symbol Characters Are Changed to Box Characters
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290978/en-us

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP