Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dax Arroway Dax Arroway is offline

Default How to Control how Doc comes up

This is so weird to me! I created a form with a small table in the top, 2
columns which looks like:
Name: form.name feild
Date: form.date feild
DOB: form.DOB feild
(column 2)
Address: form.Address feild
....and that's it for the table.
When I view and print it on my machine each line is single spaced (just like
above) and comes out pretty. When others bring up the template, this table
expands as if the form feilds have 12 points before and after them. Sort of
like:

Name: form.Name feild

Date: form.Date feild

....etc.
It's weird! I've checked the before and after spacing in Paragraph
properties, I checked the table properties and the form feild properties and
I don't see anything anywhere that might make it behave this way.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I've brought it up on two
different machines and it comes out expanded. My machine seems to be the
only one that it comes out correct on. I've written this in Word07. One of
the machines has Word07 on it and the other has Word03 on it and it comes up
"funny" on both of them.

One thing that's important is that it seems to be expanded only for the Name
and Date form feilds and I have assigned StyleRefs to the Name and Date
feilds (to update them in the footer) but I don't see anything in the Style
Settings that might make them act this way either.

Can someone please let me how to make it the same on the other machines, if
I need to set something somewhere or need to check some setting. Any help
would be greatly appreciated because at this point, I'm pretty much friggen
clueless!

Thanks in advance!
Dax
--
I'd give my left hand to be ambidextrous!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Can you send the document to the link on the home page of my web site and I
will see if I can spot the problem?

Date: form.Date feild

[...]

Embed word control as rich text control in asp.net? Daniel Microsoft Word Help 1 May 7th 07 08:56 PM
Control B and Control I Adrian Microsoft Word Help 3 January 22nd 07 04:16 PM
Control box MRyman Microsoft Word Help 2 February 2nd 06 02:01 AM
Control Toolbox Bob Day Microsoft Word Help 1 May 25th 05 06:01 PM
using control center then change to control left takes the item c. mike Microsoft Word Help 4 February 14th 05 02:12 PM