Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jelly jelly is offline

Default Word 2007 - How do I customise margin settings on ribbon?

Word 2007 comes with a useful group of margin settings on a button on the
ribbon, which you can quickly select. However, they are not quite what I want
and I cannot find a way to adjust these built in settings. (I have
successfully changed the default margins for all new documents in the Normal
template, but I want to have quick access to several of my own frequently
used custom margin settings.)
Any ideas how to do this?
All help gratefully received
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert Robert is offline

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 05:53:10 -0800, Jelly wrote:

Word 2007 comes with a useful group of margin settings on a button on the
ribbon, which you can quickly select. However, they are not quite what I want
and I cannot find a way to adjust these built in settings. (I have
successfully changed the default margins for all new documents in the Normal
template, but I want to have quick access to several of my own frequently
used custom margin settings.)
Any ideas how to do this?
All help gratefully received

Have you tried pointing and dragging the blue to white margin boundary on
the horizontal and vertical rulers?

Alternatively, you can double-click any of the rulers to open the page
setup dialog.

HTH.
--
Cheers
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The obvious way to deal with this is to create document templates for your
different sized documents.

Jelly wrote:
Word 2007 comes with a useful group of margin settings on a button on
the ribbon, which you can quickly select. However, they are not quite
what I want and I cannot find a way to adjust these built in
settings. (I have successfully changed the default margins for all
new documents in the Normal template, but I want to have quick access
to several of my own frequently used custom margin settings.)
Any ideas how to do this?
All help gratefully received

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jelly jelly is offline

Thanks for both these suggestions, but:
1. I don't want to have to adjust the margins manually each time, that is
the point of the quick click settings on the ribbon.
2. I need to change the margins for different sections within the document,
so I don't think specific document templates will quite do the trick.