Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CoachMitch CoachMitch is offline

Default Word 97 and 2007 Header doesn't change with new Section

The doc is Word 97 however I have v2007 if this will be accomplished in that
version.

I've created a document with a header and footer. I want to add a form to
the end of the document. The form uses different margins than the document.

I created a new Section. I am able to change the orientation but I am not
able to eliminate the header and footer. My form utilizes this space.

Is there a way to create a new Section and utilize the entire page even if
the header and footers are being used in the rest of the document?

Does Word v2007 allow Section to override the header and footer?

2nd question: In Word v2007, I don't see how to do, page number OF page
number, i.e. 4 of 24. In v97-03, this was easily done.

Thank you very much for your time and efforts.

Mitchell Goldstein
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:23:01 -0800, CoachMitch
wrote:

The doc is Word 97 however I have v2007 if this will be accomplished in that
version.

I've created a document with a header and footer. I want to add a form to
the end of the document. The form uses different margins than the document.

I created a new Section. I am able to change the orientation but I am not
able to eliminate the header and footer. My form utilizes this space.

Is there a way to create a new Section and utilize the entire page even if
the header and footers are being used in the rest of the document?

In each section where you want the header and footer to be different from the
section before, put the cursor in the header. In versions of Word up to 2003,
that should display the Header & Footer toolbar; in Word 2007 it displays the
Header & Footer Tools ribbon. On the toolbar, click the Same As Previous button
to turn it off; on the ribbon, it's the Link To Previous button in the
Navigation group.

Repeat the same step in the footer. If the Different First Page or Different Odd
and Even options are turned on, you'll also have to repeat it for each of the
(up to) three headers and three footers in each section.

For example, if you have three sections and you want the header to appear in
sections 1 and 3 but not in section 2: Turn off Same As Previous in sections 2
and 3; then delete the text from the header in section 2.

Does Word v2007 allow Section to override the header and footer?

I don't understand this question. What does "override" mean here?

2nd question: In Word v2007, I don't see how to do, page number OF page
number, i.e. 4 of 24. In v97-03, this was easily done.

It's in the Page Number gallery, which is on both the Insert ribbon and the
Header & Footer Tools ribbon. Although you'll find it in the Top of Page list
and the Bottom of Page list (for headers and footers, respectively), I recommend
using the Current Position list to insert it wherever the cursor is. The reason
is that the items in Top of Page and Bottom of Page will delete anything that's
already in the header/footer. The Current Position one leaves the existing text
in place.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman