Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LoriMR LoriMR is offline

Default Lost Normal.doc

I set my Page Setup to Custom Sizing to make QCards for a speech and now my
Normal.doc has been modified. I cannot select anything other than Custom
Sizing on the Page tab from Page Setup. If I set the margins to regular page
8.5x11 I still only see/print the 4x6 settings for the Qcards.
--
Lori
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no normal.doc - it is either normal.dot or normal.dotm (Word 2007).
You probably have the option to prompt to save the normal template unchecked
(tools options save) and so any changes you make will be automatically
saved to the normal template on closing Word. Your best plan is to check
this option to put yourself back in control and rename the normal template
to normal.old, which will allow Word to create a new default template.

LoriMR wrote:
I set my Page Setup to Custom Sizing to make QCards for a speech and
now my Normal.doc has been modified. I cannot select anything other
than Custom Sizing on the Page tab from Page Setup. If I set the
margins to regular page
8.5x11 I still only see/print the 4x6 settings for the Qcards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LoriMR LoriMR is offline

Well that didn't work. The program continues to open the corrupted
normal.dot. I changed the info as outlined in the previous response. So now
what can I do? Can I sned the normal.dot template from another computer to
the one I am currently working on?
--
Lori

LoriMR wrote:
I set my Page Setup to Custom Sizing to make QCards for a speech and
now my Normal.doc has been modified. I cannot select anything other
than Custom Sizing on the Page tab from Page Setup. If I set the
margins to regular page
8.5x11 I still only see/print the 4x6 settings for the Qcards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have renamed the normal template to normal.old Word cannot possibly
continue to use it. If the file is missing, Word creates a new default
template. Are you sure that you only have one normal template, which should
be in the folder defined at Tools Options File Locations User
templates? Any other normal template that you may have can be removed.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.