Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jhk008 jhk008 is offline

Default How do I remove line returns from a large chunk of pasted text?

When citing references, sometimes the copied text contains a hard line return
after each sentence. I am looking for an easy way to remove all the line
returns within a selected area of text. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As a general issue, use find/replace. ^p matches hard paragraph returns,
and ^l matches hard intraparagraph returns. Hence, you can use Find/Replace,
replacing ^p or ^l (depending on which kind you're trying to zap) with a
space (to prevent words from being concatenated).

You can select just the text that needs the replacement done, then choose
Find/Replace - Replace All to affect just the selected text, saying "No" to
the offer to continue to the rest of the document.

If this works for you and is a continuing need, you can record a macro then
put the macro on a toolbar or menu, or assign it to a keystroke to automate
the process in the future.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"jhk008" wrote in message
When citing references, sometimes the copied text contains a hard line
return
after each sentence. I am looking for an easy way to remove all the line
returns within a selected area of text. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi TedMi is offline

See the FlowText macro he
http://www.mirecki.us/computing/