Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RIMikeG RIMikeG is offline

Default Merge to Printer works but Merge to E-mail doesn't email

Hi,
I'm using Word 2003 SP3. I'm trying to mail merge out of a SQL server
database table - with email addresses in the table.

When I merge to printer it works fine. When I 'Merge to Email' it also
seems to work fine - but NO emails are created in Outlook.

Any ideas ? Things to look at ?

Regards
Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you trying to send in HTML format or as Plain Text? Try the later

From the File menu, is the Send ToMail Recipient facility available and
does it work?

See http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"RIMikeG" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm using Word 2003 SP3. I'm trying to mail merge out of a SQL server
database table - with email addresses in the table.

When I merge to printer it works fine. When I 'Merge to Email' it also
seems to work fine - but NO emails are created in Outlook.

Any ideas ? Things to look at ?

Regards
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RIMikeG RIMikeG is offline

Doug,
It worked with plain text !! But that's useless to me as I must have HTML.
Do you know why this doesn't work for HTML ?

Regards
Michael Green

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Are you trying to send in HTML format or as Plain Text? Try the later

From the File menu, is the Send ToMail Recipient facility available and

"RIMikeG" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm using Word 2003 SP3. I'm trying to mail merge out of a SQL server
database table - with email addresses in the table.

When I merge to printer it works fine. When I 'Merge to Email' it also
seems to work fine - but NO emails are created in Outlook.

Any ideas ? Things to look at ?

Regards
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Do you know why this doesn't work for HTML ?

I don't, unless you are actually using Outlook Express rather than Outlook.
Merge to HTML does not work with OE (or any other email client other than
Outlook AFAIK).

But if you did not try merge to HTML again after merging to plain text,
please try again as at least one other person has reported that the merge to
plain text "unblocked" the merge to HTML.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Are you trying to send in HTML format or as Plain Text? Try the later

From the File menu, is the Send ToMail Recipient facility available and

"RIMikeG" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm using Word 2003 SP3. I'm trying to mail merge out of a SQL server
database table - with email addresses in the table.

When I merge to printer it works fine. When I 'Merge to Email' it also
seems to work fine - but NO emails are created in Outlook.

Any ideas ? Things to look at ?

Regards
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RIMikeG RIMikeG is offline

Hi,
When I merge to text I get the expected result - Outlook pops up the
'yes/no' message, click yes and then the mail merge occurs

When I change it back to HTML - no change. And I'm NOT prompted by Outlook
for the 'Yes/No'. Mail merge seems to execute but produces nothing

I would be guessing that for some reason HTML mode is not even getting to
point of driving the Outlook object model....The other thought that occurred
to me - could it be anti-virus that only blocks on HTML emails ????

Regards
Michael Green

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Are you trying to send in HTML format or as Plain Text? Try the later

From the File menu, is the Send ToMail Recipient facility available and