Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rick m rick m is offline

Default Odd characters in document footer

One of our staff created some templates that she's shared with other
staff. Recently when she opens any of these templates and tries to
insert the filename into the footer (via autotext) a bunch of ascii
characters are inserted into the footer, NOT the filename. I opened the
same document on my PC and it's fine...she's the only one having
problems.

I renamed normal.dot and the problem still appeared. Upgraded her Word
to 2003, same problem.

Any ideas?