Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
lls53 lls53 is offline

Default 2003 Excel - Mailmerge

Following the steps in mailmerge wizard - I get as far as selecting the
workbook that has the data that I want to use, when I select it and click
OK....it brings up a window "select table" and there is no tables to select.
I do not find step by step instructions indicating this type of window
appearing....
What do I do from here.
--
Thanks, lls53
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. If you see a button titled "Options", click it, and you should see 4
checkboxes. Check them all, click OK, and you /may/ see some table names
(which should be very similar to your sheet names) appear. It is also
possible that you will see sheet names from a different workbook
altogether, in which case try the approach in (2)

If this is happening, it probably means that Word was unable to open
your Excel sheet with the default connection method, which is OLE DB,
and is using ODBC instead. And that indicates that there may be
something wrong with your sheet.

2. If you do not see that button, or that does not work, you can try
checking Word Tools-Options-General-Confirm conversions at open, go
through the connection process again, and select the DDE connection
method when prompted. That will only have a chance of working if the
worksheet is the first one in the workbook.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk