BalaclavaBoB

Default Master Contents page of other documents and field code links

I would like to link to another file, because I want to create a
Master contents page for 3 other documents which have their own
contents pages.

Also, is there a way that I can use a caption field code when I refer
to a figure in text. For example when I am refering to a figure 1.1 I
could I use the field code instead of typing in "figure 1.1". So that
if I insert another figure above this one, my textual description gets
updated alongside the caption under the figure. How would I do that?

Regards,
Bob

See Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

Assuming you have used Insert | Caption to insert your figure label, you can
use Insert | Cross-reference to cross-reference the caption. Note that
cross-references don't update automatically; they require F9 or a
Print/Print Preview.

om...