MagB

Default how do i prevent typing over my words in MSWord 2000?

Suddenly I can't go into a sentence I've written and add or subtract anything
without writing over and losing what I've already written. I know this is
probably some sort of annoying autoformatting that I hate about Word, and I'm
usually good at figuring this sort of thing out, but this problem has me
stumped. I cannot for the the life of me figure out how to stop it from
occurring and it is driving me mad!
Greg Maxey

Press the Insert key and see if the black OVR flag in the status bar changes
from black to dim grey. If not toggle that OVR flag with the mouse.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: