Chelley

Default How do I delete a doc. page w/o corrupting the pages following it.

I added a page in front of an existing word doc. by inserting a manual page
break. Now I would like to delete that page, however when I try to delete
the page break the formatting of the remaining document becomes corrupted.
What do I need to do to delete that page without corrupting the remaining
doc.?

Stefan Blom

What exactly happens to the document as you delete the break? If you
mean that text is moved to inappropriate locations this is not
document corruption in the technical meaning of the term; instead, I'd
say that this is an indication that you have to rethink your document
design.

Many new users of Word or frequent users who usually just create short
documents, where the problem is less obvious, don't know that you can
apply paragraph formatting to keep text in place -- there is no need
to press ENTER successive times to create spacing around paragraphs or
to "move text" to the next page, in order to (say) prevent a heading
from appearing as the last paragraph on a page.

Look into the options found in the Paragraph dialog box: On the Format
menu, click Paragraph. You can use Space Before or Space After (on the
Indents and Spacing tab) to create spacing around paragraphs. And you
can use "Keep with next" (on the Line and Page Breaks tab) to make
sure that a heading is always followed by more text on the same page.
Using these options are cruical if you want to minimize the
differences in display and print for computers using different printer
drivers. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm).

For future documents, you might want to investigate the use of
paragraph styles for easy application of paragraph and font
formatting; please see:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...sOnStyles.html

--
Stefan Blom