mpt

Default Drop down menu items disappearing

I created an extensive drop-down menu with submenus.

Recently it just "disappeared."

Operator error, I'm thinking.

Note to self: MUST stop drinking alone.

But, I've added back one dinky menu item on two different occasions and Word
2003 has eaten each of them again.

My questions a

1. Is my drinking spiraling out of control or, gasp, is Word spontaneously
making changes in my template?

2. How do I get Word to quit this?

Richard

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Such changes are stored in a template file (usually, normal.dot, unless you
specify otherwise). If you've been deleting your normal.dot, then that would
explain the missing menu items.

Or... are you sure they're really gone? Choose Tools - Customize - Options
tab, and see if Always Show Full Menus is enabled. If not, then Office keeps
track of your menu usage and gradually cycles less-used items off. I keep
"Always show full menus" turned on, as I'm not fond of peek-a-boo games with
my computer. (BTW, this feature affects toolbars, too.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"mpt" wrote in message
newsaJSe.327188$xm3.132050@attbi_s21...
I created an extensive drop-down menu with submenus.

Recently it just "disappeared."

Operator error, I'm thinking.

Note to self: MUST stop drinking alone.

But, I've added back one dinky menu item on two different occasions and
Word
2003 has eaten each of them again.

My questions a

1. Is my drinking spiraling out of control or, gasp, is Word
spontaneously
making changes in my template?

2. How do I get Word to quit this?

Richard

mpt

Thanks, Herb,

I've not been deleting normal.dot and the box you pointed out was checked.

I'll experiment some more and see if I'm doing something inadvertent.

Btw, my toolbar is over on the right side of my window but I wouldn't think
that would make a difference. Nothing else is affected, only this menu
problem.

I appreciate your time.

Richard