Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dubbz Dubbz is offline

Default Word preferences

When I open Word for a new document, how do I make my settings or
preferences(indents, tabs, viewing pane) the same everytime I create a new
document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

All of these settings mentioned (and more) can be set in to the Normal.dot.
Sometimes though the setting may not stick if an edit is not commited within
the template (this can be as small as adding a space, save, remove space,
save).
As a starting point see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...atecontent.htm
Also see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart1.htm
on how to create and the ablities of templates.
Hope this helps.
DeanH