Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Socionomist50 Socionomist50 is offline

Default display white on black vs white on blue in Word/Excel

MS Word 2003 has a white on blue display option; would like to expand to
white on black in Word and Excel. Ideally this is a screen display option
and does not affect colors in printing. Interest groups: migraineurs and
their kin, for whom screen flicker or white light can be painful or trigger
headaches, dizziness, or nausea.

Color inversion softwares like Zoomtext work but seem to take many CPU
cycles and destabilize the system. Integrating the feature into the product
would be better. Would MS consult neurologists and non-consensus focus
groups to confirm interest? The median person probably finds white on black
depressing (see NLP-Neuro Linguistic Programming, 80% of population visual).
Their needs are already covered by the defaults so aside from not making the
option so prominent as to be a nuisance, the majority doesn't need to be
consulted again.

Due to customary use of backgrounds in Powerpoint, I'm not sure implementing
this in Powerpoint would be helpful, and I don't use or know routine Access
users enough to comment; similarly I can't comment on the html code making
software.

Would this post belong better in "Word Page Layout"?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It won't really matter where you post it; it's a suggestion that will NOT be
implemented. White text on blue background has been removed from Word 2007
and will not be reinstated.

"Socionomist50" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The White on Blue choice was implemented early in Word to emulate the appearance of WordPerfect for DOS.

As the issue with headaches et al you mention is not restricted to the Office apps you can use the Windows property settings for
your display or through the Accessibility display choices in the Windows control panel to change the 'paper' appearance in Word from
white to an offwhite/gray or color and you may also want to check the screen cyle (Hz) refresh rate setting of your monitors in the
display properties of Windows. The 'flicker' at a specific rate (60 Hz commonly) when changed has also been known to reduce the
reactions to what many of us don't notice as a light change.

=========

--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office...oksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Send 2007 Office System Beta 2 feedback directly to the MS Office 2007 product team with this feedback tool:
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

4. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033

b. then visit
http://officebeta.iponet.net