Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ray ray is offline

Default Positioning pictures in a Word 2007 document

I am going crazy. I am not a rookie user, but since I've gotten Word 2007 I
am having all kinds of trouble placing images into my documents AND making
them stay where I want them to stay. I have tried positioning them into the
six segments of my page and that seems to work, but I usually need to place
my pictures in various locations on a page. If I simply try to do a
'text-wrap' the image will not stay anchored to the page. The choice that
seems to work best is the one called 'Through'. The pictures on my first
page still move though if I begin to move a picture that I've placed onto a
second page. I've used Word 2003 AND Microsoft Works with perfect results.
What has happened to this most basic function?
I have a sample document if there is any way to send it to someone to have a
look at. Is there a way in this forum?
Thank you for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you save your document in the 97-2003 format do the images cooperate?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Ray" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ray ray is offline

No, when I save my doc as a 97-2003 format it goes from a 6-page document to
an 11-page document with pictures all over the place, huge blank spaces in my
text, and it's just a total mess.

"Ray" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Even if it appears to be a mess, do you feel you have more control over the
image placement? They changed the graphics engine in 2007 and unfortunately
it doesn't seem to be as stable as the old graphics engine. When you use
Compatibility Mode that allows you to use the old graphics engine but a
drawback to this is it doesn't allow you to use all of the new image
features.