Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike Eisenstadt Mike Eisenstadt is offline

Default 2 2 columns in Word 2003 problem

I am trying to create a doc in which I can put a text in a foreign
language in a column on the left of document stretching over many
pages. And at the time, create a second column on the right side of
the pages in which I can write comments on the foreign text in the
first column.

In other words, I want to paste the text in column 1 over many pages
while leaving column 2 blank so I can write comments on the text. I
don't want the text to appear in the 2nd column.

I have looked for instructions how to do this on web pages but haven't
found it addressed, assuming of course that it is possible to do this.

If it is possible, I would appreciate your suggestions.

Mike Eisenstadt
Austin Texas
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike Eisenstadt Mike Eisenstadt is offline

I am asking a question about 2 columns, not 22. Somehow the subject
line got written as 22.

Mike Eisenstadt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The only practical way to do this is with a two-column borderless table.
DON'T try to do it with a single-row table, however, as the document will
become very unstable. Be sure to start a new row at least once a page; once
for every paragraph works well if you want to synch content between columns.

http://word.mvps.org