craigbooth100

Default How can I write in Word a subscript two?

I would like to find a shortcut, key, or perhaps a method of using
'auto-correct' or 'auto-text' to enable me to quickly produce a subscript
numeral. For example I would like to produce the symbol for carbon dioxide,
CO2, with a proper subscript '2'.
I have tried auto-correct and that nearly worked (by producing the CO2
subscript 2 in a document, then selecting it, then opening the
'auto-correct' menu) but this also brought in a paragraph space, which I
could not get rid of.
I'm using Word 2002 SP3
Steve Yandl

Hold the Ctrl key down and press the "=" equal sign key to toggle subscript
on and off. For exponents (superscript) add the Shift key for Ctrl plus "+"
to toggle superscript on and off.

Steve