Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue B Sue B is offline

Default Word file corrupted so page looks squashed and margins missing

Can you help?
My word document has just flipped and the page looks squashed and margins
are not visible. All new documents are the same and I can't put it back to as
it was.
Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word, if you are working in Normal view, then switch to Print Layout
view. Then click on Tools | Options | View tab | check the "White space
between pages" box | OK.

Sue B wrote:
Can you help?
My word document has just flipped and the page looks squashed and margins
are not visible. All new documents are the same and I can't put it back to as
it was.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue B[_2_] Sue B[_2_] is offline

Thanks a lot - this works well.
Also on digging futher another contributor (I'm afraid I can't remember his
name) suggested looking at http://www.gmayor.com/white_space.htm which shows
graphically exactly how it happens in the first place - really useful!!
Thanks again
Sue B

Sue B wrote:
Can you help?
My word document has just flipped and the page looks squashed and margins
are not visible. All new documents are the same and I can't put it back to as
it was.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Similar information is also provided at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. The fact that Graham and
I both independently wrote articles about this at about the same time just
suggests how widespread and universally puzzling the problem is (we'd
replied to a *lot* of posts about it). I understand that the problem has
been alleviated in Word 2007 (on the recommendation of the Word MVPs, I
might add) by requiring Ctrl+click to Show/Hide White Space.