Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Dan is offline

Default Unwanted solid line at bottom of page!

Several of my pages have a black line at the bottom of the page. I cannot get
rid of them, and they now continue to the end of the document. (They start
about halfway in.) I found 2 links that said to go to Format, Borders &
Shading, Borders, None, OK, but I am using Word 2007 and I don't have a
Format tab. And when I went to Borders and Shading in 2007, there was no
option to click none. Please help, these lines are driving me crazy!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Unwanted solid line at bottom of page!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with unwanted lines at the bottom of your pages in Word 2007. Here's what you can do to get rid of them:
  1. First, make sure that you're in Print Layout view. You can switch to this view by clicking on the View tab in the ribbon, and then clicking on Print Layout.
  2. Next, click on the Home tab in the ribbon.
  3. Look for the Paragraph section in the ribbon, and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of that section. This will open the Paragraph dialog box.
  4. In the Paragraph dialog box, click on the Borders tab.
  5. Under the Setting section, make sure that the "None" option is selected.
  6. Click on OK to close the Paragraph dialog box.
  7. If the lines are still there, try selecting the entire document by pressing Ctrl+A on your keyboard.
  8. With the entire document selected, go back to the Paragraph dialog box and make sure that the "None" option is selected under the Setting section.
  9. Click on OK to close the Paragraph dialog box.
  10. If the lines are still there, it's possible that they are part of a footer or header. To check this, go to the Insert tab in the ribbon, and click on Header or Footer.
  11. If there is a footer or header, click on it to activate it.
  12. Repeat steps 4-9 to make sure that the "None" option is selected for the footer or header.
  13. If the lines are still there, it's possible that they are part of a graphic or object on the page. Try selecting the entire document again (Ctrl+A), and then pressing the Delete key on your keyboard to remove any objects or graphics.

I hope this helps you get rid of those unwanted lines!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Try selecting the paragraphs and pressing Ctrl+Q. Unless the style has
acquired a border, that should remove it (along with any other direct
paragraph formatting).

"Dan" wrote in message
Several of my pages have a black line at the bottom of the page. I cannot
get
rid of them, and they now continue to the end of the document. (They start
about halfway in.) I found 2 links that said to go to Format, Borders &
Shading, Borders, None, OK, but I am using Word 2007 and I don't have a
Format tab. And when I went to Borders and Shading in 2007, there was no
option to click none. Please help, these lines are driving me crazy!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Dan is offline

Thank you. It took a bit of effort to reformat everything, but at least it
got rid of the lines. What causes them, and why are they so darn hard to get
rid of?

"Dan" wrote in message
Several of my pages have a black line at the bottom of the page. I cannot
get
rid of them, and they now continue to the end of the document. (They start
about halfway in.) I found 2 links that said to go to Format, Borders &
Shading, Borders, None, OK, but I am using Word 2007 and I don't have a
Format tab. And when I went to Borders and Shading in 2007, there was no
option to click none. Please help, these lines are driving me crazy!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

All is explained at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Dan" wrote in message
Several of my pages have a black line at the bottom of the page. I cannot
get
rid of them, and they now continue to the end of the document. (They start
about halfway in.) I found 2 links that said to go to Format, Borders &
Shading, Borders, None, OK, but I am using Word 2007 and I don't have a
Format tab. And when I went to Borders and Shading in 2007, there was no
option to click none. Please help, these lines are driving me crazy!

Rohim Rohim is offline
Junior Member

Smile

I have found this issue in Word 2013 after upgrading from Office 2010 /2007

Solution: Go to DRAFT VIEW and DELETE 'PAGE BREAKS' Manually. Make sure you delete ALL page breaks.

This worked for me.

Last edited by Rohim : September 23rd 14 at 04:36 PM