Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
TONY

Default HOW DO I TYPE DIAGONAL TEXT

I NEED TO MAKE A DIAGONAL TABLE AND WRITE DIAGONAL TEXT IN A TIMES FONT AT 9
SIZE IF I USE WORD ART IT BECOMES UNREADABLE AT THE ANGLE 45deg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Jollans

You can't do diagonal text in Word. The only way is with a graphic, created
in another program, and copied into Word.

Two other quick points:
1. I don't know what you mean by a diagonal table
2. Posting in capitals is considered the online equivalent of shouting.
Please switch off your caps lock.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"TONY" wrote in message
I NEED TO MAKE A DIAGONAL TABLE AND WRITE DIAGONAL TEXT IN A TIMES FONT AT

9
SIZE IF I USE WORD ART IT BECOMES UNREADABLE AT THE ANGLE 45deg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Insert an Excel Table into your Word document. In Excel, you can rotate the
text direction.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"TONY" wrote in message
I NEED TO MAKE A DIAGONAL TABLE AND WRITE DIAGONAL TEXT IN A TIMES FONT AT
9
SIZE IF I USE WORD ART IT BECOMES UNREADABLE AT THE ANGLE 45deg

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: HOW DO I TYPE DIAGONAL TEXT

To type diagonal text in Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Text Box" in the "Text" section.
  3. Choose the "Simple Text Box" option.
  4. Click and drag your mouse to create a text box on your document.
  5. Type your text in the text box.
  6. Click on the text box to select it.
  7. Click and drag the green circle at the top of the text box to rotate it to the desired angle.
  8. To change the font and size of the text, select the text and use the font and size drop-down menus in the "Home" tab of the ribbon.

To create a diagonal table with diagonal text, follow these steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Table" in the "Tables" section.
  3. Choose the number of rows and columns you need for your table.
  4. Click on the table to select it.
  5. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  6. Click on "Properties" in the "Table" section.
  7. Click on the "Table" tab in the "Table Properties" dialog box.
  8. Click on the "Options" button.
  9. Check the box next to "Diagonal Up" or "Diagonal Down" under "Text Direction".
  10. Click "OK" to close the "Table Options" dialog box.
  11. Click "OK" again to close the "Table Properties" dialog box.
  12. Type your text in the cells of the table.
  13. To change the font and size of the text, select the text and use the font and size drop-down menus in the "Home" tab of the ribbon.

I hope this helps you create the diagonal text and table you need!