Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Possible to automatically Save As - 2007

This is exactly what Herb described. The method for individual files would
be to choose the format in the Save As dialog.

"writer" wrote in message
news
This gives the method for saving individual files into Word 97 - 2003, but
like angyl, I need to be able to do it automatically. How do you set a
default?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

If you happen to have a copy of Word 2007 hanging around... Office

button -
Word Options - Save tab,and set "Save files in this format" to Word

97-2003
(*.doc).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Angyl" wrote in message
Boss has asked me to look into upgrading our Office software

(FINALLY)!
We'll be moving from 2000 (and in some cases Office 95 EEK!) and he

wants
2003 because of the backward compatibility with Office2007.

I know Office 2007 can save AS .doc rather than .docx and he knows

that as
well but doesn't want to have to rely on employees always remembering

do
that so here's the question:

Is it possible to configure 2007 to AUTOMATICALLY default to saving

2003
compatible documents?