Octavee Uhl

Default transfer all formatings in new document

Hi,

I am using word 2002 and I have a problem with inserting footnotes. Now I
found out when I copy the whole text, but the last word in a new document,
than I can use the footnote feature again.

My question is:

How can I do this without loosing the formatings in the text. I did the
following so far. I went to organize and copied all styles in to a new
template. Than I opened that new template and did the copying.

It looks quite good, but there are still some formatings that it did not
transfer.

Can anyone help with this?
Thanks
Octavee

Robert M. Franz

Hi Octavee

Octavee Uhl wrote:
I am using word 2002 and I have a problem with inserting footnotes. Now I
found out when I copy the whole text, but the last word in a new document,
than I can use the footnote feature again.

My question is:

How can I do this without loosing the formatings in the text. I did the
following so far. I went to organize and copied all styles in to a new
template. Than I opened that new template and did the copying.

It looks quite good, but there are still some formatings that it did not
transfer.

Can you be a bit more specifiy: What is missing?

You might not have copied all the styles used and/or even unused ones
upon which other styles are based.

Of course, what you do not bring into a new document by copying (styles
are text without section breaks) are all section properties (page size
and margins, header information, etc.).

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Octavee Uhl

Hi Robert,

What is messed up is some 'spaces before' paragraph information.

I marked all styles and copied them over.

Hope that helps

Octavee

"Robert M. Franz" wrote in message
Hi Octavee

Octavee Uhl wrote:
[...]

Robert M. Franz

Hi Octavee

Octavee Uhl wrote:
What is messed up is some 'spaces before' paragraph information.

I marked all styles and copied them over.

OK, let's try to come a little closer: If the problem is only visible on
the very first line of a page, I could think of a compatibility setting
that's different in both docs.

Else, I'd double- and triple-check the style definitions; I'd use Copy |
Paste special to determine whether copying with source or destination
formatting makes any difference (which it shouldn't if the styles are
the same, I reckon); then I'd check the style definitions of the
deviating styles again, and their base styles, and the latter's base
styles, and so on.

Have you established already that it's a difference in the style in
old/new document, or whether there's some direct formatting at work?

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS