Sriram

Default Enable voice recognition on my Office 2003 Thinkpad

I have an IBM Thinkpad T41 laptop with Windows 2000 and Office 2003
installed. I am attempting to enable voice recognition.

So far, I have checked that the installed locale is English (US), the SAPI
(speech) software is duly installed, microphone is OK and all the voice
training features are available (control panel Speech applet). But in the
Text Services control panel applet, the Language Bar button is disabled. The
only entry showing up under Installed Services on the Settings tab of the
Text Services dialog is the US Keyboard under the EN-US default language.
Hitting the Add button presents only the options to select Input language
and Keyboard layout, but no option for Voice. What can I do to get the
Voice recognition service added? The Speech option does appear on the Tools
menu in Word, but nothing happens (no check mark, no language bar) when I
click it.

Any hacks that I can try?!